LESS SPACE IS MORE SPACE. IT’S AS SIMPLE AS THAT. If your home is filled with your own personal story, there isn’t room for anyone else’s. Thats why the MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do to improve the marketability of your home is de-clutter, clean, and organize. Even with the expense of a storage unit or pod rental, its a small price to pay for a timely sale. When a buyer walks in, you want them to see important features like space, light, and flow, which is hard to do if they are distracted by your life and the items in it. You are going to have to pack up things when you move anyway, so you might as well get a head start and throw away or donate anything you haven’t used in a year or don’t plan on bringing with you.
TIPS ON WHAT YOU SHOULD DO TO PREPARE TO SELL.
You can do a lot to increase the appeal of your home and create a lasting impact on potential buyers. We will help to advise you and execute a tailored plan for curb appeal, updating and staging your home for prospective buyers. Toegther we will work with trusted professionals who are experts in preparation services, from staging, painting, deep cleaning, landscaping and decluttering, to get your home ready to market.
- Replace cracked floor or counter tiles
- Patch holes in walls
- Fix leaky faucets
- Fix door handles
- Replace filters in air handler and wipe down air vents
- Fix doors and drawers that don’t close properly
- Replace burned out light bulbs
- Painting your home gives a 50 to 100 % return
- Paint in warm neutral wall. Colours like Greys and Grey/Beige are most appealing to Buyers
- Remove Wallpaper with attention not to damage the wall behind it
- Paint garage doors
- Paint front door
- Keep sidewalks cleared
- Rent a pressure washer and spray down decks,
sidewalks, and walkways
- Keep lawn maintained and weed-free
- Paint faded window trim
- Trim your bushes and tree limbs
- Make sure your house number is visible
- Mulch and plant flowers
- Remove as much clutter as possible
- Remove all family photos and religious symbols from walls.
- Best areas to stage master bedroom, living room and bathrooms
- Remove all items off the kitchen counter and bathroom counters